   Re: [xml-dev] Creating a Complex System using XSLT. Step 1: CreateFeedb

It's also possible to prove that certain CA rules sets mimic natural
proceses, such as fluid/gas hydrodyamics, etc.  These are typically called
lattice-gas CAs, and lots of work was done on these in the 80's and 90's,
much of it based on original work by Steven Wolfram (of Mathematica fame).
There are lots of books on this modeling aspect of CAs [do a search for
'cellular automata' at Amazon, for example ] -- most of them insufferably
confusing ;-)

Of course Wolfram now claims, in his book "A new Kind of Science" [1],
that the entire universe is really a giant CA, and that the fundamental
laws of physics are just an approxmation of of this 'universal' CA.

So I suppose if you could get XSLT to function like a CA, then you could
say that XSLT (and hence XML) models all the physical laws of the entire
universe.

... clearly XML is _far_ more important than I thought ;-)

Ian

[1] http://www.wolframscience.com/