Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: Liam Quin <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: a discussion proposal for addressing 'the character entity problem'
- From: John Cowan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:16:19 -0400
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20031014233222.GK5423@w3.org>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20031014233222.GK5423@w3.org>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.28i
Liam Quin scripsit:
> The down side, of course, is that as soon as you load the document in
> your favourite XML editor and then save, chances are that the character
> names got lost. So, this is just another use case to add.
An XML editor that has no mode that preserves entity references is
not much of an editor, and certainly shouldn't be used for doco-XML.
After fixing the Y2K bug in an application: John Cowan
WELCOME TO <censored> email@example.com
DATE: MONDAK, JANUARK 1, 1900 http://www.ccil.org/~cowan