   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL and siteData-36

Joe Gregorio wrote:

> Jonathan Borden wrote:
>
>>> Now I have the following questions:
>>> 1. Do these look right? I'm pretty unsure of my
>>>    choices for Purpose and Nature for each of these.
>>
>> all looks great. Purposes and Natures look fine to me (there is no
>> "one right answer")
>

> Ahh, that's kind of a problem if agents are going to be using an RDDL
> file to locate common files
> like 'robots.txt' and 'favicon.ico' and there's isn't a single correct
> way to represent them.

Sure. The problem with "all knowing" agents, is essentially the same as
the problem of universal natural language processing: There is usually
more than one way to say the same thing. Humans solve this problem by
forming communities within which there is some degree of "shared
semantics" for various terms, similarly communities might settle on
subsets of various natures and purposes for which an agent with
*community specific* expertise can properly sort things out.

I.e. "best practices" along the lines of http://www.rddl.org/natures and
http://www.rddl.org/purposes are encouraged.

Jonathan