   more fixed lists (was UTF-8+names)

tbray@textuality.com (Tim Bray) writes:
>Check out http://tbray.org/tag/utf-8+names.html

I have (yet) another concern about this document.

Sections 6 and 7 appear effectively to create yet-another-fixed-list for
processors to incorporate into their code, with no provision for future
change.

We've seen how well this worked for XML 1.0 - until the appearance of
XML 1.1, which provoked all kinds of discussion about the impact of
change.

What provision for changing these lists can be made?

More importantly, what precedent does this set?  If I want to create my
own "UTF-8+names-in-Russian" and "UTF-16+names-in-Chinese", is there
anything stopping me?  It's not like   screams "non-breaking space"
to people who don't speak English, and localization of such things seems
like more than a convenience as XML spreads.