   Re: [xml-dev] layer interactions (was UTF-8+names)

it would mean that entities in attribute values could not be resolved
in the dynamic context of parsing the attribute value itself. the rules
would be  those of normal namespace scope. an in-line namespace
processing mechanism already requires the namespace declarations to be
handled before the names of the attributes can be resolved, which must
be done before the values can be normalized. which would mean that
entity resolution could occur in the attribute value normalization
phase. which is still before the element is reported to the application.