   Re: [xml-dev] Reusing a JAXP SAX parser

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Bayly, Martin wrote:

> I'm able to reuse the same parser without any problems, but I'm concerned
> that I may be experiencing uncessary overhead in processing the schemas
> associated with the document I'm parsing.

If you are using the C++ version of Xerces, you can take advantage of the
features

    http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/cache-grammarFromParse
    http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/use-cachedGrammarInParse

This will cause the schema grammar to be cached the first time it is
encountered, and reused from the cache upon subsequent encounters. The Java
version does not appear to support these features.

// Gregory Murphy.  Isopaleocopria.