   RE: [xml-dev] Proposed Application for Literature

> Have you considered TEI?
>
> http://www.tei-c.org/ is the authoritative resource for the markup

>   <div1><head>Ballade o the Tweed</head>
>    <lg>
>      <l>The ferox rins in ruch Loch Awe,</l>
>      <l>A weary cry frae ony toun;</l>
>      <l>The Spey, that lowps o'er linn an fa',</l>
>      <l>They praise a' ither streams abuin;</l>
>      <l>They boast their braes o' bonny Doon:</l>
>      <l>Gie me to hear the ringin reel,</l>
>      <l>Where shilfas sing an cushats cruin</l>
>      <l>Bi fair Tweedside, at Ashiesteel!</l>
>    </lg>
>
> The markup is oriented towards both presenting the original
> properties of a piece of literature
> and expressing its structure. There is a wealth of converting and
> maintaining tools available.
>
> David Tolpin
> http://davidashen.net/

I bet there's a great deal of gratitude for those tools, I am amazed at the
breadth and detail of this system.

A particular part that may be of general interest to this list : 21 Graphs,
Networks, and Trees [1]

example:
[[
Here is an example of an undirected, cyclic disconnected graph, in which the
nodes are annotated with three-letter codes for airports, and the arcs
connecting the nodes are represented by horizontal and vertical lines, with
90 degree bends used simply to avoid having to draw diagonal lines.

          .---LAX---.
          |         |
         LVG-------PHX---TUS    CIB

  Airline Connections in Southwestern USA

Next is a markup of the graph, using <arc> elements to encode the arcs.

<graph type='undirected'
       id='CUG1'
       label='Airline Connections in Southwestern USA'
       order='5'
       size='4'>
  <node label='LAX' id='LAX' degree='2'/>
  <node label='LVG' id='LVG' degree='2'/>