   RE: [xml-dev] can you use inheritance (extension) in relax ng?

Instead of repeating myself

________________________________

From: Tim Bray [mailto:tbray@textuality.com]
Sent: Sun 10/26/2003 1:01 PM
To: Bob Foster
Cc: Dare Obasanjo; Gustaf Liljegren; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] can you use inheritance (extension) in relax ng?

Someone wrote:

>> I think the day Microsoft turns to RNG will be a lucky day for XML.

You know, I've been thinking about this since Dare said "probably not".
  Every time a Microsoftie gets on stage, and even in casual
conversation, it's always about wanting to write great software and
improve the user experience.  Well, it's painfully obvious that if you
want to write great software and provide a superb user experience,
RelaxNG is an immensely better basis for that than XML Schemas.  Plus
it's an ISO standard.  Plus we're only a couple years into the universe
of post-DTD schemas, it's far from too late to change the game.  So
what possible reason could Microsoft have for *not* making an
investment in RelaxNG?

Cheers, Tim Bray  http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/