   Re: Semantics, Complex Systems, (XSLT) Programs which Write Themselves

It seems to me that you're on your way to discover Higher-Order Functions
and Partial Application.

Read e.g. [1] for the detailed description of several ways to create a new
function dynamically at run-time.

These are standard features of functional programming languages [2] and of
the FXSL library for functional programming with XSLT 1.0 and XSLT 2.0.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.