   Re: [xml-dev] Semantics, Complex Systems, (XSLT) Programs which Write Th

Roger L. Costello scripsit:

> In the early 1900's there was a prediction that with the tremendous
> increase in telephone usage it would soon come to the point where every
> man, woman, and child would have to become a telephone operator!  Of
> course, that didn't happen.  Why?  Because the telephone switch was
> invented, which (mostly) obviated the need for telephone operators.

Another reading on this is that every man, woman, and child has indeed become
a telephone operator: we now connect calls ourselves, though not with
plugboards.

--
One Word to write them all,             John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
  One Access to find them,              http://www.reutershealth.com