   Re: [xml-dev] Alternative "character entity" proposal

So it does not get lost in the discussions, item 2 below is a
critical need we are always coming up against: i.e. the need to be
able to process the file and leave the 'entities' in there for
expansion later in the pipeline.

This is a major problem with entities as they stand and any
replacement should address this also (some do by default).

Robin La Fontaine