   RE: [xml-dev] ASN.1 is an XML Schema Language (Fix those lists!)and Bina

> 	The only thing that stands between a great many of the exising
> "XML" tools like XSLT, etc. and ASN.1 is the fact that there aren't
> any SAX interfaces to the ASN.1 encodings yet.

Not quite.  There aren't any free -- open source or embedded into the
platform at no additional cost.

> However, I'm being told
> by at least two of the commercial ASN.1 providers that SAX interfaces
> are under development now. What that means, of course, is that you
> could simply replace the input parsing module of your XSLT processor

Provided you can afford the fees.

It's great that this is happening, but recall that it was open source
issues that forced the W3C to adopt a royalty-free patent policy.
I'd expect the lack here to be a similar barrier.

If you're really hyped up on this, start an open source project to
implement at least a reader.
	/r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html