Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Liam Quin" <email@example.com>,<firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML Binary Interchange Workshop - minutes available
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:43:46 -0800
- Thread-index: AcOiNyJeOiM27fUaRw2GKqFg2F+RagACvyMg
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] XML Binary Interchange Workshop - minutes available
From: Liam Quin [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 10:19 AM
Subject: [xml-dev] XML Binary Interchange Workshop - minutes available
The workshop concluded that research is needed before W3C would produce
any specifications in this area, and recommended that a Working Group be
proposed to the W3C Membership.
[Dare Obasanjo] I haven't reviewed the minutes yet but it seems
contradctory to state that more research is needed before specifications
can be created then go ahead and recommend a working group. Unless I'm
mistaken there currently isn't a research-focused W3C working group nor
is there a W3C working group that doesn't produce specifications.
Personally I think this is unsettling but will withold further comment
until I've had a chance to read the minutes and all the position papers.