   Re: [xml-dev] Off topic: dateTime formatting in Java

At 07:22 AM 11/4/2003 +0100, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

>XML Schema specifies, that instances of xs:dateTime are formatted like
>
>     1999-05-31T13:20:00-05:00
>
>In Java formatting issues like these are usually performed by using an
>instance of java.text.DateFormat. However, I seem to be unable to create a
>matching instance (except for deriving a subclass, of course). Any suggestions?
I considered using DateFormat for a similar project I worked on, but I
couldn't get it to work either.  Post a few more hints or snippets about
what you've tried and I would be glad to take a look.

Mike

Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com
Using XML with Legacy Business Applications (Addison-Wesley, 2003)
www.awprofessional.com/titles/0321154940