   RE: [xml-dev] Why I Like Longhorn and XAML

clbullar@ingr.com (Bullard, Claude L (Len)) writes:
>My employer swore fealty.  I am a ronin.  The
>instruments came with the gig.

You don't argue like a ronin.  You argue like a thrall, as you've
previously described yourself.

If you were ronin, I'd expect interop and systems independence to be
valuable.

>But I know markup and hypermedia and Longhorn
>is a very obvious and necessary step in the
>evolution of these technologies in harness.

I disagree utterly.  It's a step sideways, through work that's been done
for years.  All that changes is ownership.

"evolution of these technologies in harness" is funny though - that's a
nice description of where I think we're heading.  Into harness.

>All the competition has to do is match them
>feature for feature.

No one else has enough control to do that.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!