   Re: [xml-dev] Challenge

Didier PH Martin wrote:
 > In fact the
> problem occurred when I tried to bind a particular element from the source
> XML document to an XHTML element; I am not able with XSLT 1.0 to obtain the
> XPath expression of a node.

See, this is the part I do not understand, because it is fairly standard
in xslt to construct an xpath expression to a node (although it is a bit
more complex to get the numerical predicate - like
/html/body/form/input[2]).

Here is the expression for doing so that came with Cooktop -

<xsl:template name="generateXPath">
<xsl:for-each select="ancestor::*">/<xsl:value-of
select="name()"/>[<xsl:number/>]</xsl:for-each>/<xsl:value-of
select="name()"/>[<xsl:number/>]
</xsl:template>

Were you not able to do this, or do you mean something else that I am
not seeing?

Cheers,

Tom P