   Re: [xml-dev] Reusing, Refactoring, Reinventing??? (was Re: [xml-dev] SA

Just a small request for clarification regarding how the
TypedContentHandler behaves exactly as the current ContentHandler:

If the TypedContentHandler works exactly as a ContentHandler, I assume the
following scenario should work:

- Create a Filter F that passes all supported events to the next layer
unchanged, but exposes a TypedContentHandler instead of the ordinary
ContentHandler to the underlying XMLReader. (This could be just for
logging purposes or whatever).

- Put this filter between an old style ContentHandler C and the type-aware
XMLReader.

Is it your opinion that C would receive the same events from the filter as
it would if it was connected directly to the XMLReader?

If you put an identity filter into the chain using the current SAX
architecture you would get the same events. I fear that a type-aware
XMLReader would use the additional call in the TypedContentHandler, and
leave out the calls for the underlying elements and attributes that the
XMLReader interpret as a typed object.

Please explain how the parser would both give the TypedContentHandler it's
typed data and fulfill the expectations of the ContentHandler interface
with regard to elements and attributes.

/Fredrik Lindgren