   Re: [xml-dev] Docbook grief

                      Bob Foster
                      <bob@objfac.com>         To:       Ray Cauchi <ray@tweek.com.au>
                                               cc:       xml-dev@lists.xml.org
                      11/09/2003 12:39         Subject:  Re: [xml-dev] Docbook grief
                      AM

You might have better luck with this at docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Bob Foster

Ray Cauchi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am marking up a document using Docbook, in XML Spy Professional. The
> document is a Docbook Article, and mny problem pertains to meta data
> being stored inside the <articleinfo>
>
>  From what I understand of the documentation, i can have an
> <affiliation> tag inside an <author> tag. However XMLSpy keeps giving me
> a validation error when I do this. One thing I find a bit cryptic is
> that the docs state:
>
> "
>

>       *Future Changes*
>
> In DocBook V4.0, Affiliation will be removed from some of the places in
> which it now occurs. Instead of appearing inside Author, for example, a
> new wrapper element will be created to hold Author, AuthorBlurb, and
> Affiliation. "
>
> but offers no infromation as to which wrapper element that may be (and
> this, by the way, is version 4 docs....)
>
> any ideas?

Use the source, Luke.

In the 4.3 b5 modules,

<!ENTITY % author.element "INCLUDE">
<![%author.element;[
((personname|(%person.ident.mix;)+),
   (personblurb|email|address)*)>
<!--end of author.element-->]]>

and

<!ENTITY % person.ident.mix
   "honorific|firstname|surname|lineage|othername|affiliation
    |authorblurb|contrib %local.person.ident.mix;">

So affiliation is still allowed in author as of 4.3b5, from September 2003.

Check to see where your document strays from these.

I believe the docs come with a disclaimer that they're 'in progress' or the
like.