   Re: [xml-dev] XPath help

You don't say, but I assume this is XPath.

> I use "./text()" to return all text nodes from the current node.

or just text() would work.

>I need to also return all CData sections from the current node.

there are no CDATA nodes in the XPath data model. CDATA is taken as just
an input convenience to avoid writing < and & as &lt; and &amp;

so

<x>123<![CDATA[456]]>789</x>

the element x has a single text node child consisting of the string
"123456789" there is no record of whether CDATA was used, just as there
is no record of whether " or ' are used to delimit attribute values.

David

http://www.star.net.uk