   OT: Bus History was Re: [xml-dev] Inside Redhell: Microsoft XAMLBlogger

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 15:29, Bill Kearney wrote:
> You greatly misrepresent Intel's efforts behind PCI.  The lead up to PCI was
> fraught with conspiracies and scams that make the current stuff look like
> child's play.  FutureBus, S100, NuBus, ISA, EISA, etc.
>
> Additionally, the semiconductor industry with it's capital costs, development
> run up times and expenses is an exceptionally poor parallel.

Huh? I was there for most of that. Wearing a hardware hat. The only scam
I recall was Microchannel which you left out. Arguably EISA was a
conspiracy, but hardly a secret one.

Further, your examples go back to the good old days when people
assembled boards, and did not have to build billion dollar fabs to do
it. The analogy to a 70s or 80s hardware project is not unreasonable.

Frank