   RE: [xml-dev] standard vs. implementation tools for XQuery

> What I mean is that a tool I try supports *doc()* while
> another one does *document()*. However, I would follow the
> standard of W3C for syntax of quiry.

You need to be aware that XQuery 1.0 is still a draft specification and
that it changes between releases. Not all the implementations are
synchronized.

> Additionally, how about joining? has anyone concerning
> joining elements between two more XML-based documents?
> (compared with SQL e.g. inner-join, outer-join) Be honest, I
> couldn't find this stuff on the lastest draft of XQuery yet.

You would probably be better off asking coding questions like this on a
more specialized list, e.g. the list at www.xquery.com But if you do,
you will need to provide a specific example of the source documents you
want to query and the results that you want back.

Michael Kay