   Re: [xml-dev] Word 2003 schemas available

Bob Wyman wrote:

> 	I must say that I'm very concerned about the impact that Word
> documents in XML are going to have on the whole "XML movement." While
> people have grumbled about XML's size for a long time, most people
> haven't been exposed to the elephantine monsters that result when you
> convert Word to XML.

I believe that's completely imaginary problem. WordprocessingML file
seems to be not bigger than native Word2003 doc file, I just saved 138Kb
doc into XML and got 150Kb WordprocessingML file. Even more - using
default namespace can save yet another 10-20% of space.
And I don't heard anobody complaining about size of doc files.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog