   RE: [xml-dev] Word 2003 schemas available

  • To: "Murali Mani" <mani@CS.UCLA.EDU>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Word 2003 schemas available
  • From: "Michael Rys" <mrys@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:34:20 -0800
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

You are welcome.

Also note that an application that gets the SQLXML template and has no
clue what the sql:query elements mean, will probably not do anything
with it. And the same is true for an application that does not
understand the XML stylesheet PI.

Conclusion: It is the program that interprets the data that may have
security issue, not the data per se. Although, obviously, for any given
system threat analysis, you will have to look at both and analyze their
interaction...

Best regards
Michael

XSLT
> > processors for example interpret a special PI as an instruction to
> > transform an XML document containing that PI using the indicated
XSLT