   Re: [xml-dev] Fat clients/thin data (Re: [xml-dev] RE: Why can't we all

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
  Dang, I feel an attack of MMTT coming on.  That's bad. ;-)
Quick Nurse, the screens!
 Are you saying an IETM needs to download in one chunk?
No, the opposite: it would have to be relentlessly pragmatic in promoting
staggered fetching of fine-grained resources (say 1K-3K) with ASAP
progressive rendering and JIT fetching of behaviours.

If anyone takes up XISMID as a project, let me know.  It will definitely take some
rethinking.  I'm not even sure if the container/window approach makes good sense
given a 3D host.
Or how much it fits in with MS's "inductive interface" approach, which
seems to me to be best angle for reconciling ISMID with XULs like
XUL and XAML.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe