   Re: [xml-dev] Re: XML and a text editor, barefoot in the winter,uphill b

Ari.Nordstrom@sorman.com wrote:

>And while we're discussing the topic, does anyone know if there's a decent XML editor available for Linux (and I don't mean emacs)?

Topologi 1.1.6 works fine on Linux (I run Linux now) and we use Kunstoff LAF
     http://www.topologi.com

Of course, like every program, it is based on a particular task model
of how people approach their job: in our case placing a premium
on progressive markup and progressive validation rather than
assuming "always correct, start at the beginning, work through to the end".

The "best" editor for you will be (all other things being equal) the one
whose implicit task model matches yours. And, if you in fact have
several very different sets of tasks, it is quite possible that the "best"
editor for one set of tasks is different from the "best" for a different
set of tasks.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe
(Topologi Pty. Ltd.)