   Relating to XML

I have a direct to java client web application which parses a XML file,
I designed the XML syntax, of recipes into Enterprise Objects (EO's).

My question is: How does one go about creating interoperability with
other applications?
For instance, there is another cookbook application around which has an
export function and produces an XML type file of similar, but slightly
different tag syntax than my cookbook program. I would like to import
it's recipes.

Is there something about XML services that I am missing?

I had the same kind of problem with my application
<www.track-your-finances.com>, where I dumped the transactions into an
XML file, but then I found no use for those transactions as there was
no application around which could use the file. I had thought that
something like Quicken would be able to import the file, but that
didn't appear to be the case.

----
Baiss Eric Magnusson
<http://www.Track-Your-Finances.com>