   RE: [xml-dev] RE : [xml-dev] Comparison of Xml documents

Bob Foster wrote:
> So SET can only be used with CER and DER when
> order is semantically insignificant. A case of
> performance trumping use cases, perhaps?
	No. There is no use case being trumped here. If you want to
specify that order is variable but must be preserved, you can do so --
it just takes a bit more than just a SET to do it.
	Depending on your needs, a "SEQUENCE OF CHOICE" might give you
what you want. i.e. order is preserved because it is a sequence, not a
set, yet the actual type of each element in the sequence is any of the
elements in the choice list. Other options exist and the ASN.1 gurus
(I'm not one of them...) watching this thread might be able to offer
more detailed guidance.
	In any case, if you define your schema properly, the order of
variable-order elements will be preserved even after encoding in CER,
DER or CXER. If this wasn't the case, there would be a serious
problem.

		bob wyman