   RE: [xml-dev] RE : [xml-dev] Comparison of Xml documents

Ed Day wrote:

> So as a use case, I would refer to the ASN.1 gateway example
> presented earlier.  Are you saying that if a user creates a
> message (document) specified as an <xsd:all> with three
> elements a, b, and c and chooses to send them in the order b,
> a, c, that this order must be preserved as it passes through
> the various gateways to its final destination?  If this is
> the case, I would agree there in no ASN.1 equivalent.

Yes.  However, this is handled in EXTENDED-XER through the USE-ORDER
encoding instruction.  See:

By the way, the ASN.1 standards are available for free at:

http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com17/languages/index.html

except X.693 Amd. 1 (EXTENDED-XER), which should be available at this
address in about three weeks.

Alessandro