   XML Schema Question

A work item.  I am looking into some issues
with the X3D draft XML Schema.   I am using
the W3C online validator.  The definition of
the choice element type in the official specification
and the Wrox XML Schemas book appear to conflict.
Please, would someone confirm or deny the following.

We are assuming that the W3C validator at
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv
is the gold standard (not quite but really the reference implementation):

Using that implementation, I get the following:

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.0.xsd:3200:3: Invalid per
cvc-complex-type.1.3: undeclared attribute {None}:minOccurs

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.0.xsd:3221:3: Invalid per
cvc-complex-type.1.3: undeclared attribute {None}:minOccurs

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.0.xsd:3221:3: Invalid per
cvc-complex-type.1.3: undeclared attribute {None}:maxOccurs

So, http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#normative-schemaSchema

 <xs:complexType name="simpleExplicitGroup">
  <xs:complexContent>
   <xs:restriction base="xs:explicitGroup">
    <xs:sequence>
     <xs:element ref="xs:annotation" minOccurs="0"/>
     <xs:group ref="xs:nestedParticle" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xs:sequence>
    <xs:attribute name="minOccurs" use="prohibited"/><!-- Can't have one -->
    <xs:attribute name="maxOccurs" use="prohibited"/><!-- Can't have one -->
   </xs:restriction>
  </xs:complexContent>
 </xs:complexType>

so this

	<xsd:choice minOccurs="0">
		<xsd:element ref="AudioClip"/>
		<xsd:element ref="MovieTexture"/>
		<xsd:element ref="ProtoInstance"/>
	</xsd:choice>

and this

	<xsd:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="6">
		<xsd:element ref="ImageTexture"/>
		<xsd:element ref="MovieTexture"/>
		<xsd:element ref="MultiTexture"/>
		<xsd:element ref="PixelTexture"/>