   RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema Question

Hi Len,

Normally, min/maxOccurs are allowed on the choice element.  Those 2 choice
groups are invalid because they each appear as the child of a "group"
element.  XML Schema does not allow min/maxOccurs on the children of
"group".  Instead, you put min/maxOccurs on the _reference_ to the group, as
in:

<group ref="xxx" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="6"/>

Hope that helps,
Priscilla

Priscilla Walmsley             priscilla@walmsley.com
Author, Definitive XML Schema     (Prentice Hall PTR)