   RE: [xml-dev] Is there a use for standardized binary XML (was RE: Micros

  • To: <bob@wyman.us>,"Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <clbullar@ingr.com>,"Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Is there a use for standardized binary XML (was RE: Microsoft FUD on binary XML...)
  • From: "Michael Rys" <mrys@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:59:08 -0800

It is very early in the Longhorn timeframe and I assume that there are
also legal issues they have to consider (regarding consent decree), so
please ask them directly.

And I am not saying that a binary format for interop is bad. What I am
saying is that given that we already have a general interop format in
the area of webservices and the W3C which is XML, there is no need for
another one.

So you are right that I should have qualified my interoperable standard
format with the world of webservices, W3C, OASIS and a couple of others
(but I assumed that this was self-evident given the lists name).

Best regards
Michael

RE: