   Using entities for me dash problem

Title: Using entities for me dash problem
Hello,

I’m trying to use entities to represent an em-dash but it’s not being represented properly.

The entity for an em-dash in Unicode is ≬ but I’m getting garbage. When I view the XML document in IE5 for Mac, it throws up a question mark. Viewing the source gives me a strange character set:
â¨

Is there anyone out there that can clarify this for me, or should I just substitute the actual em-dash in place of entities for now?

Thanks in advance,

/johnny :)

-----
"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor."