   RE: [xml-dev] When Searching With Google

Also I heard recently that google is making the search results adaptive
based on user using some heuristics - probably domain or something..??

In short, I heard that if I search for the key words "w1 w2 ..." and
someone else searches for the same set of key words, google might give
different ranked results - in other words, user perceives the results
ranking as non-deterministic.

I am not sure if that is true actually.. can someone confirm this??

Google uses lot of proprietary heuristics for fine-tuning the search
results ranking, such as tf-idf (which is greater weight to a term that
occurs infrequently) which is well known in literature etc...

anyways, best, murali.