   Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema Versioning

Versioning of XML schemas is a tricky business. There are several
approaches and, as far as I can see, none of them solves the problem
well and in all cases, so it's up to you to pick the less bad one for
your situation.

To the citations already given to you I add:

1) http://www.fpml.org/documents/working-papers/index.asp (follow the
link and click on "versioning"). This document describes the versioning
approach for FpML, a markup language for financial products.

2) http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/D.Dui/MyPapers/de03compatibility.pdf,
a paper of mine on versioning:

-daniel

  Daniel Dui                                     d.dui@cs.ucl.ac.uk
  Dept. of Computer Science                     (+44) 020 7679 7192
  University College London     http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/d.dui