   Re: [xml-dev] The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint

[Len Bullard]
 >The tool absolutely shapes the way we think about topics[...]

Indeed. Programmers are an excellent example of this. At XML 2003 I had
occasion to remark that a Prolog programmer can write Prolog in *any*
language. This is of course a variant on the classic observation about
Fortran programmers.

It is fascinating to conjecture which types of cognitive shaping by tools
are good and which ones bad. I will leave you with two words:

	Visual Basic

Sean

P.S.
One of the fascinating things about the XML world is that XML programmers
work with highly structured text - computer programs.
I think it is interesting that they predominantly use text editors (emacs,
vi etc.) in their work. I.e. *non structured* editing tools. The same
people, by and large, think that authors/editors *should* use structured
editing tools. An interesting juxtaposition of goose and gander.