   Re: [xml-dev] The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint

sean.mcgrath@propylon.com (Sean McGrath) writes:
>One of the fascinating things about the XML world is that XML
>programmers work with highly structured text - computer programs. I
>think it is interesting that they predominantly use text editors
>(emacs, vi etc.) in their work. I.e. *non structured* editing tools.
>The same people, by and large, think that authors/editors *should* use
>structured editing tools. An interesting juxtaposition of goose and
>gander.

A few radicals do say "the tags aren't bad - come on in!"

If people can get past the pointy-brackets barrier, all kinds of new
possibilities open, and they have a hell of a lot more control.

Need a safety net?  Topologi does fine for me.  That's as structured as
I care to go.