   Re: [xml-dev] The Cognitive Style of PowerPoint

Joshua Allen scripsit:

> Not to spiral too quickly off-topic, but I wanted to point out that
> Sapir-Whorf has been thoroughly discredited,

By no means.  Certain strong forms have been discredited, but no SW supporter
ever believed them anyway.

> and although it [...] lends an air of mysterious
> authority to persons like Chomsky;

Which persons like Chomsky did you have in mind?  Not Noam himself, who
seems to hold (incorrectly IMO) that UG is incompatible with SW.

--
You let them out again, Old Man Willow!                 John Cowan
What you be a-thinking of?  You should not be waking!   jcowan@reutershealth.com