   SAX and endDocument

I was working with Xerces-J this weekend and encountered what I thought was
major bug-- however upon rereading the SAX API docs I suspect I may be
mistaken. For some reason I was under the impression that the endDocument
function was guaranteed-- meaning, that even in an exceptional circumstance
endDocument would be called. This allowed a guaranteed place (expeccially in
the case of filters) to do cleanup after a parse.

This is definitely the case for AElfred2, but the API docs are not crystal
clear on the subject (though I thought they used to be).  With AElfred2,
even in the case of a user generated exception the endDocument handler will
be called. In Xerces if an exception occurs it stops the process completely
omitting the endDocument call.

Can anyone clarify?

P.S. I tried to post this to sax-devel but it keeps rejecting me...

Jeff Rafter