   Re: [xml-dev] raw storage about NXD

At 07:48 AM 12/23/2003, Qiang Song wrote:
>xml-dev:
>     I have explored NXD for several weeks.and used some industry products
> just
>like Ipedo and Tamino,also apache open source Xindice.But till now I am
>still not very clear about the raw storage form for XML
>documents.is it in pure text format?If true,how to execute the query and
>update operations.how to index for documents.if using DOM to build a tree
>from pure-text XML document before executing query or update,then i think
>it will be very low-efficiency.
>
>Could anybody give me some directions?

There are a wide variety of XML database products, which have quite
different architectures. They generally support some form of indexing.

Some are designed to be fast transactional stores, others are designed
primarily as persistent DOMs, still others are designed for content
management where keeping track of workflow and changes is of central
importance.

I suggest you start by reading a variety of articles. Here's a good set to
begin with:

http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDBLinks.htm

Hope this helps!

Jonathan