   raw storage about NXD

xml-dev:
    I have explored NXD for several weeks.and used some industry products just
like Ipedo and Tamino,also apache open source Xindice.But till now I am
still not very clear about the raw storage form for XML
documents.is it in pure text format?If true,how to execute the query and
update operations.how to index for documents.if using DOM to build a tree
from pure-text XML document before executing query or update,then i think
it will be very low-efficiency.

Could anybody give me some directions?

 Best regards
 Qiang Song
 Dept. of Computer Science, Tsinghua University
 sq02@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
 sq02@keg.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn
 Blog:http://www.blogcn.com/blog?u=pavon
 2003-12-23