   active-uri was RE: [xml-dev] Globbing versus Regular Expressions (was: R

>active:xslt+operand@file:///mydocument.xml+operator@file:///mytransform
.xsl

>NetKernel www.1060.org
>ActiveURI Specification
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-butterfield-active-uri-00.txt

active-uri looks interesting, however what makes me wonder is:

5. Examples

   An "active" URI might define an XSLT transform on an XML document:

              active:xslt+stylesheet@foo.xsl+operand@bar.xml

   or conversion to upper-case of a data[RFC2397] URI:

               active:toUpper+operand@data:text/plain,foobar

however there doesn't seem to be any specification of what an active uri
has to support, what is optional for it to support, and how one can
differentiate between these. You have to admit that the two examples
given indicate a wide range of possibilities, in that I suppose we're
not just saying it can do either xsl-t transforms or toUpper case
conversions.

Am interested as I am doing something similar to this, although my goal
is not identifying intermediate results in XML pipelines.