   RE: [xml-dev] Another mutated variant of the 'PowerPoint makes you dumb'

Michael Kay wrote:
> Actually, the hard part of programming is the logic,
	Precisely! I get real tired of people assuming that
programmers have to be mathematicians... It just isn't true.

> although mathematicians tend to regard themselves as
> the only people who understand logic, I have come across
> linguists and lawyers who understand it just as well or better.
	Actually, until recently logic was almost exclusively taught
and studied in philosophy departments and sometimes in law schools.
(although when I took "Legal Reasoning" back in the early 70's it was
taught by the Philosophy Department.) It has only been in the last few
decades (since the introduction of computers) that logic has entered
into the curriculum of engineering schools and, I think, only since
the mid-1800's that it has been studied heavily by mathematicians.

		bob wyman