   wacky XML

I'm trying to convince a few people that XML is still interesting stuff,
and that people are doing amazing things with it.  I think that kind of
conversation might also add some relevant but entertaining conversation
to the list.

By "interesting", I don't mean "our multi-layer transactional process
enables businesses to fully utilize the power of web services for
customer needs fulfillment" - I mean something off the beaten path, not
the usual business-to-business, web content management, or publishing
scenarios.  (I already own $GML: The Billion-Dollar Secret.)

Possibilities might include:

* "I create model train operating sessions with XML."
* "I manage satellite imaging using XML."
* "I operate a sewage treatment plant with XML."
* "I control my stereo with XML."
* "I manage my contacts with RDF."
* "I use XML as part of my plot to conquer the world."
* "I keep track of my payroll in a database and use XSL-FO to print the
checks and file the statements."
* "I keep track of tombstone rubbings in SGML." (This one is real.)
* "I map forests in 1/5 acre chunks using XML and SVG." (Mine.)

I'd much rather hear things which are shareable, or at least
replicatable.  I'm not looking for HyTime implementations where "I'd
tell you but I'd have to kill you" is the rule.

Outrageous is fun, practical is fine, but off the beaten path would be
appreciated.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!