   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Cookies at XML Europe 2004 -- Call forParticipation

<Quote1>
Your real world example is based on SAML, a system which is not
actually used in browsers today, and seems unlikely to be in at least
the near future.
</Quote1>

Not meaning to move the discussion off track, but wanted to mention that
SAML has a Web browser profile - see line 377 of [1].

<Quote2>
Even if you convince me that HTTP over SSL is not secure enough,
(which would require showing it's susceptible to being decrypted, not
merely a denial of service) I am sadly still unconvinced that we will
get better security than that, even if it's available.
</Quote2>

I have very high hopes for the potential of OASIS WS-Security[2], whose
approval as an OASIS standard is imminent.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3405/oasis-sstc-saml-bindings-1.1.pdf
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=wss