   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Cookies at XML Europe 2004 -- Call for Participation

> Very true, although eventually those certificates will expire, and then
> you need a new browser, in which case I've got you.

No, because the old CA can sign a new CA certificate.  If I have that, and
I have the new self-signed certificate, I have a trust path.  Or the old
CA can just sign something that says "key nnnnnn is the new public key of
this CA."

As for 2617, I dislike the dictionary attack, especially since it uses
weak user-chosen passwords which are historically easy to guess.  Other
than that, I agree it's pretty good if anyone used it.  But given SSL, I
don't see a compelling need for it; do you?
	/r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html