   Re: [xml-dev] Why is xml:base a URI *reference*?

Eric van der Vlist scripsit:

> Yes, I have been to fast to answer... The only think we could object is
> that it would have been better named "URIreference" !

Actually, the anyURI type also allows non-ASCII characters, so it is
really the IRI type, but IRIs were not yet defined or even named at
that point.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
Original line from _The Warrior's Apprentice_ by Lois McMaster Bujold: