   RE: [xml-dev] Urgent help needed. XML Parser

Title: Message

Why? What are the requirements that prevent you using the one that
already exists?

Sorry Michael, i shouldve mentioned that before. I am a computing student and i need to design an xml parser as a project. so its just educational purpose, using programming skills and use of JDOM API.

Well, I actually suspected that, but I wanted to be sure.

I find your question difficult to answer, because students learning programming should be taught never to write a program if they can reuse one that already exists and meets all the requirements.

Michael Kay

Fahim

I need to know whether the question "JDOM based XML Parser" right?or
there cant be a JDOM based XML Parser as JDOM uses in built parser. i am
a bit confused can you please read the follwoing and answer.

[A] we can parse the XML document from the built in parser and after
that manipulate it using JDOM API. if this is the case do you think i
can make the parsing error messages more user friendly and exact using
JDOM API? or anything related to parsing which could be an enhancement
to the inbuilt parser functionality? and how?

[B]can we use JDOM API to even parse the document, produce userfriendly
parsing error messages with exact line numbers and explanation of the
error etc. if yes what could be the line of action?

[C]how can i make my own simple parser in Java and then using JDOM api
to enhance its functionality?

Kind regards

Do you Yahoo!?