From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Sent: 12 January 2004 14:47
To: Bruce Kulik
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Looking for tools to build valid XML file.

I believe XML Spy 2004 [1] has this functionality.

[Contrary to how it may seem today, I do not work for Altova nor am I
paid to promote their products :)]

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World

[1] http://www.xmlspy.com/features_schema.html

Bruce Kulik wrote:

> I am looking for a software module to help create valid XML given a
> DTD and an element name and data.  For example, suppose you have the
> following simple DTD:
>
> <!ELEMENT a (x , y , z)>
> <!ELEMENT x (#PCDATA)>
> <!ELEMENT y (q | r)*>
> <!ELEMENT z (#PCDATA)>
> <!ELEMENT q (#PCDATA)>
> <!ELEMENT r (#PCDATA)>
>
> Calling for a new "r" element with string "data" on an empty tree
> would result in:
>
> <a>
>   <x/>
>   <y>
>     <r>data</r>
>   </y>
> </a>
>
> Then calling for a new "q" element with string "string" would result
> in:
>
> <a>
>   <x/>
>   <y>
>     <r>data</r>
>     <q>string</q>
>   </y>
> </a>
>
> Does anybody know of such a library or product?
>
> Bruce Kulik

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
for the recipient only.
If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete it from your system. Please do not copy it or
use it for any other purposes, or disclose the content of the e-mail
to any other person or store or copy the information in any medium.
The views contained in this e-mail are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Admenta UK Group.