   Re: [xml-dev] wacky XML

On Jan 12, 2004, at 6:56 PM, Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

> l the earth: and they left off to build thevirtual city.
>
> 011:1001 Therefore is the name of it called XML Binary; because the
> LORD Gates did
>         there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence
> did the
>         LORD Gates scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

As much as I appreciated the tribute to the KJB on its birthday ...
LORD Gates has done many things for which he may be judged harshly (or
his karma deprecated) if there is an Afterlife, but Binary XML is not
among his sins.  See the comments to
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/11/19/deviant.html by Dare Obasanjo
(elaborated at
http://www.25hoursaday.com/weblog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=a2065106-11b5
-4239-824c-5dcc1b525415)  and Michael Rys, and the corrections by
Kendall Clark.