   Re: [xml-dev] Noise-free Complex Systems

rsalz@datapower.com (Rich Salz) writes:
>> It seems like the people who've tried hardest to push the world to an
>> infoset-centric view of XML are now finding that even that isn't
>> consistent enough for their needs.
>
>Not that I disagree, but on what do you base this?

Years of reading mailing lists, and TimBL's message at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Jan/0013.html

The list of "ways serializations vary" is especially interesting, as
none of them seem founded on the SGML core - they're all about features
added later.

I (probably foolishly) wrote www-tag a reply to Tim's message that
builds on this.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Jan/0017.html

Floor wax.  Dessert topping.  Whatever.

--